Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thank You Thursdays

I spent this past week cleaning and trying to organize my life. Out of this, I realize I've accepted some of my mess as "normal" and therefore didn't see the real urgent need for change. The other day, I put my laundry in the washing machine, then the dryer. But I had to run out to work and some meetings, so I completely forgot that I had left my laundry in the apartment complex's public dryer. Upon returning home later that night, lo and behold, I found all my laundry neatly folded and stacked by an anonymous, kind stranger. I was sorry for having left my laundry overnight and possibly making someone else wait for the dryer longer than they should have. But in that moment, I think that small act of kindness was exactly what I needed to be reminded of. That same night, our LIFE Group studied one of the passages on Jesus speaking to his disciples on servanthood: "...But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served bu to serve, and to give his life as a random for many." (Matthew 20:26b-28) This person's secret service really made me stop and be thankful for people who selflessly volunteer their time and energy to benefit others, without accepting or expecting anything in return. I highly doubt this mystery person would read my blog, but thanks! Appreciate people today!

No comments:

Post a Comment