Tuesday, December 20, 2011

full

A friend was sharing with me earlier that he was just tired. Not your everyday, "I could've slept a bit earlier" tired, but... tired. You know, tired.

Tired from working. Tired from worrying. Tired from over-thinking things. Tired from smiling on the outside when you're gasping for breath on the inside. Tired from trying to steer the reins of life and taking control. Tired from trying to prove yourself. That tired.

I'm starting to understand Jesus more and more:

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep good company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.
- Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message translation)

I'm thankful that despite my tired condition, I am filled with this unexplainable peace from God.

My heart is full. My soul, at rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment