Tuesday, December 27, 2011

that game

I play that game all the time. And whenever I do, the end result is the same. Imagine for a minute: a game where you can know the outcome every single time because it's the same every time. What would that be like?

You know that game.... The Blame Game. Blame - not to be confused with Credit.

It's the one game where I usually start it, and I am the one who can end it any time I choose. It's really up to me.

How to start The Blame Game:
Think: If only ______
Ask: What is wrong with her/him?
Dwell on: Why me?

How to keep the game going:
Claim: He/she/they/you should have _______
Defend: You don't know me.
Explain: You don't understand...

How to end the game:
Take: Full responsibility. No matter what.

Apologize and forgive if necessary.
... it's usually necessary


It's kind of like yelling at the curb after tripping over it. It was already there.


"And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?" - Luke 6:41

No comments:

Post a Comment