Sunday, January 25, 2009

February

My personal time of reflecting and journaling have taken big hits lately because of my idle and senseless wanderings on the internet. I'll be taking a hiatus from blogging (I've blogged nearly every day for the last week!) until at least February.

See y'all then.

In the meantime, I was blessed and awed by Psalm 102. Excerpts:

"Hear my prayer, O LORD... Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress! ... For my days pass away like smoke... I wither away like grass.

But you, O LORD, are enthroned forever; you are remembered throughout all generations... Nations will fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth will fear your glory; he regards the prayer of the destitute and does not despise their prayer.

Let this be recorded for a generation to come, so that a people yet to be created may praise the LORD: that he looked down from his holy height; from heaven the LORD looked at the earth, to hear the groans of prisoners, to set free those were doomed to die, that they may declare in Zion the name of the LORD, and in Jerusalem his praise, when peoples gather together, and kingdoms, to worship the LORD.

... the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain... you are the same, and your years have no end..."

No comments:

Post a Comment