Thursday, January 22, 2009

KISS

I just sent a very long email... probably one of my longest ones in recent memory. Topic? Communication.

Ha! How ironic! Looking over my email again, I wasted time and space mentioning a lot of unnecessary things. I could've probably got the same point across, in a more gentle way, using about 1/3 the space.

Maybe this is the result of years of BS-ing my way through 20-page History papers. hm...
Oh yea, alternate point: Don't send exasperated emails at 2:30AM. Wait, think it out, say it in person if possible.

Darn my preachy-ness! Sometimes, I need a good fresh slap in the face and to be told, "You're not all that, get over yourself!"

Ever hear of the acronym, KISS? Keep it simple, stupid!

How about "Keep it short 'n simple"?

The most valuable talent is that of never using two words when one will do.
- Thomas Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment