Saturday, January 3, 2009

sayings

I'm not sure about everyone, but I'm pretty sure most people I know are known for certain gestures, habits, personality quirks, or things they say all the time.

I'm sure I have a few that I'm not aware of about myself (based on other people imitating me). These sayings are different from habitual utterances. For example, I say "The thing is..." a lot. That's more of a habitual utterance or space-filler than a saying.

Some of my dad's sayings:

"Honesty is the best policy"
"Always do your best"
"Become a great person" (roughly translated from Korean)

A few "sayings" I've adopted over recent years:

"Rainbows and lollipops" (before you can enjoy something, sometimes you've gotta go through some rain and a lot of sucking, and that feeling of "happiness" is momentary)

"It ain't truly good if you can't share it" - if you only keep it to yourself, it's not that great.

"It's not about you" - it ain't.

Actions speak louder than words. Yea, we all know this. But I can never ignore the power of words, otherwise I wouldn't bother blogging. It's a combination, you know? Action inspired by words legitimate the words, and vice versa. I commit to making my words edifying and uplifting. May they not puff me up - if they do, I trust my friends will keep me in check. Thank God for friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment